Question M1 & w11 bootcamp no

pslarkin

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
Hi. 1st, I don't know where to post this, it could fit in w11 or systems forums as well, I think. WHY won't M1 support bootcamp into w11? I THINK the basic structure of computing remains the same since God created computers on day 1 -- assembler, compiler & on up from there. I do see w11 has additional security support -- is that the main issue...or? Might, with enough buyer pressure, apple & MS reconsider bootcamp support for w11 on M1 mac? Or, this just ain't possible (aside from cost)? Thank you, stay safe.

spinningstill

Reputable
Jan 15, 2018
Hi. 1st, I don't know where to post this, it could fit in w11 or systems forums as well, I think. WHY won't M1 support bootcamp into w11? I THINK the basic structure of computing remains the same since God created computers on day 1 -- assembler, compiler & on up from there. I do see w11 has additional security support -- is that the main issue...or? Might, with enough buyer pressure, apple & MS reconsider bootcamp support for w11 on M1 mac? Or, this just ain't possible (aside from cost)? Thank you, stay safe.
Right! In the beginning!

You can use a Virtual Machine. I used to use one before bootcamp was an option.

It does seem odd that MS has introduced an OS that will not work on a large majority of machines.

Grace and peace.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS