[SOLVED] M2 Dillema

Solution
Will that be the whole difference in speed (transfer between the 2?) The m.2 SSD is already on the way is it worth the hassle ordering the Intel and returning the WD?
Thank you for your replies!
The speed of the Nvme is about 5 times that Of an SSD but an SSD is already fast enough that it cannot be bottlenecked by games. Loading is the only time a hard drive is tested and you’ll not notice any difference in those two drives in gaming or daily tasks. If you had 2 nvme and did video editing with large file transfers then I’d worry about the nvme. Worth the hassle is up to you. You paid more for a slower drive, will you wish you returned it for the next year? The WD blue is a very good drive and will do everything you want. What...

gr0bda

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
I’d get the Intel 660p for the money, but in games you will never notice a difference. The only time you’d notice is moving very large files from one Nvme to another
Will that be the whole difference in speed (transfer between the 2?) The m.2 SSD is already on the way is it worth the hassle ordering the Intel and returning the WD?

The speed of the Nvme is about 5 times that Of an SSD but an SSD is already fast enough that it cannot be bottlenecked by games. Loading is the only time a hard drive is tested and you’ll not notice any difference in those two drives in gaming or daily tasks. If you had 2 nvme and did video editing with large file transfers then I’d worry about the nvme. Worth the hassle is up to you. You paid more for a slower drive, will you wish you returned it for the next year? The WD blue is a very good drive and will do everything you want. What is worth it though is only a question YOU can answer.

Solution