M2 NMVe PCIe x4 memory....can I still use the single M2 socket on the MOBO in addition?

or.at2497

Prominent
Jul 29, 2018
yes. your MB also supports raid so u could use raid 0 with 2xNVMes to create a virtual crazy fast drive. i think one drive is more comfortable than 2 that combine the same capacity.

Oct 19, 2018

Thanks for the reply

I like to have 2 drives. One mainly for OS and random programs....and the other be more for games / picture storage. The MOBO only has 1 m2 socket, and if I understand it correctly if I use it, I lose some SATA connection ports, but hats fine.

This is the 500gb stick I currently have (with a PCIe adapter if I go that route with it).
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BR9FV1C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_Ku2YBbV8CXZ5S

In your opinion should I be using that stick in the PCIe slot and (for game storage etc)....and then use a standard 250gb SATA ssd for my OS (win 10 x64)?

I *think* the m2 stock is faster in the PCIe slot rather than the m2 socket in the MOBO...but I have read so much stuff lately I am not sure anymore. I just know I want a fast boot to fully loaded windows...

I appreciate your thoughts...

or.at2497

Prominent
Jul 29, 2018
In my opinion u should use the m.2 for the os. Its not a high end nvme ssd so u can change the m.2 slot to x2 pcie lanes in the bios so u will drain less bandwidth from the gpu slot. For programs and games sata ssds are fine.