m2 not detected in motherbard

ramro93

Reputable
Jun 8, 2017
Hello, im new in here. I have this m2 (sorry for the bad quality)

CH2aPd0.jpg

and I connected it in this port

yIxYxPe.png

my mobo is an Aourus gaming 7

And im looking in the bios and I cant seem to find it, I already have an ssd (256) and a hd (2 tb) in sata port 0 and port 1, but the m2 connected is not showing up.

The weird thing is it belonged to an old laptop and I, a while ago I was able to succesfully make it work in windows because I wanted to format it (and i did) and now several weeks later I cant make it show anymore, im pretty sure i selected something in the bios but I dont remember.

Ive been reading some of the posts and I read about raid, or the different m2 ports the mobos have, and stuff but I dont know if im in the correct path. Also, i dont see any "activate m2 port" or something in my mobo.

Please could you help me?

Also, if you need anymore info please let me know I only know the basics and I dont know what I else could I be missing for showing you.

PD sorry for my english

THANKS!!!

Solution
M2P_32G (page 32 of English manual) is the bottom M.2 slot you are asking about.

Specs for that slot:
M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280 PCIe x4/x2 SSD support) (M2P_32G)

That means that slot is not compatible with your 256GB SATA 6Gb/s M.2 drive. It only uses PCIe NVMe storage M.2 drives.
M2P_32G (page 32 of English manual) is the bottom M.2 slot you are asking about.

Specs for that slot:
M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280 PCIe x4/x2 SSD support) (M2P_32G)

That means that slot is not compatible with your 256GB SATA 6Gb/s M.2 drive. It only uses PCIe NVMe storage M.2 drives.

Solution

ramro93

Reputable
Jun 8, 2017

That was it, I just needed to read the manual change it to m2m_32g and it already working! Just one last question, my bios already detects this m2 but it assigns it to sata3 port 4 can i changed it to a different port? My guess is you cant because it replaces the sata ports that are not available?

Thanks again!