M2 Samsung External Drive - Issue with W10

Christian_6

Reputable
Sep 10, 2015
Hi people,

I have a problem with my old external disk.

A few days ago I update my W10 to the new Anniversary Update and then start the problems.

When I connect my disk, load the drivers and then give error "Drive no accessible. The parameter is incorrect".

I check Disk managment and saw the disk showing as RAW

29krj2t.jpg

I try to connect it to a pc with W7 and no problem there (accesible and detect NTFS)

2pqt0kl.jpg

Things already try:

- Change the letter manually to another
- chkdsk /F /R /X (completed without issues)
- Try in my laptop with W10 without Anniversary Update and works fine

Is there anything else I should check?

Thanks!

Solution
Hey there & sorry for the late reply, @Christian_6!

Unfortunately, it's not uncommon for Windows Updates to cause such an issue. I'd advise you to backup your data on the other system and make sure you have a copy of it there, while troubleshooting the external HDD on your Windows 10 system.
First, start by uninstalling and re-installing the external device from Device Manager. Afterwards, make sure you have the USB hub controller drivers installed from the laptop manufacturer's official website. Sometimes, Windows updates tend to replace those drivers with some generic and a bit outdated drivers.

For some reason, it recognized the external HDD but it detects the file system as corrupted.

As a last resort, once you...
Hey there & sorry for the late reply, @Christian_6!

Unfortunately, it's not uncommon for Windows Updates to cause such an issue. I'd advise you to backup your data on the other system and make sure you have a copy of it there, while troubleshooting the external HDD on your Windows 10 system.
First, start by uninstalling and re-installing the external device from Device Manager. Afterwards, make sure you have the USB hub controller drivers installed from the laptop manufacturer's official website. Sometimes, Windows updates tend to replace those drivers with some generic and a bit outdated drivers.

For some reason, it recognized the external HDD but it detects the file system as corrupted.

As a last resort, once you have your data backed up (to the PC), you could simply re-format the external on the Windows 10 laptop and then transfer back all the files back to it from the Windows 7 PC.

Let me know how it goes! :)
SuperSoph_WD

Solution