[SOLVED] M2 Slot Confusion X570 MOBO

DarthBatman

Commendable
Jul 26, 2020
Preview
Hey guys. Newb here on a first time build. I only recently discovered this potential issue as I was reading some reviews on my motherboard on newegg.

This is an MSI x570 gaming plus board. And I read one review that stated the nvme ssd was not being recognized in the m2_1 slot. I wasn't sure if this was user error or something I should keep in mind when I boot this thing up. I installed a WD sn 750 nvme drive to the m2_1 slot and I'm wondering if I should switch it to slot m2_2 ? I just realized the sn 740 is a pci 3x4, and not a 4x4. The manual says (picture provided) the m2_1 slot supports 4x4 for Ryzen 3, and 3x4 for Ryzen 2. However I do know if that means they are interchangeable or not? I will be running a Ryzen 3700x

I was wondering if you might be able to clear up my confusion and tell me if I need to move the sn 750 to m2_2 slot? This will be where I store windows and essential programs. Really hoping I dont have to move it because I have it all together at this point, but I will do what I must! Pics below

1. https://ibb.co/1JV6Mv3
  2. https://ibb.co/QMRYd7x
  3. https://ibb.co/M6mbtXd
Grateful for the expertise here as always.

Solution
if it is working in slot 1, then leave it there. if it aint broke don't fix it.

you have to disregard most of the reviews you find on amazon and newegg and such. 99.999999% of issues are user error and have nothing to do with the parts themselves.

if you start having issues with your drive, then come back and we can help fix it. otherwise why mess with something that works already based on a single post on a purchase site? if you read it here and on 10 more tech sites, then there is actually an issue. nothing major is going to slip past the entire tech world like that!!

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador

you have to disregard most of the reviews you find on amazon and newegg and such. 99.999999% of issues are user error and have nothing to do with the parts themselves.

if you start having issues with your drive, then come back and we can help fix it. otherwise why mess with something that works already based on a single post on a purchase site? if you read it here and on 10 more tech sites, then there is actually an issue. nothing major is going to slip past the entire tech world like that!!

Solution

DarthBatman

Commendable
Jul 26, 2020

Good point sir! Just want to make set up as streamline as possible. I just finished putting it together and will be powering it on for the first time tomorrow. I admit I panicked slightly when I read that review.