diArcipE

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
Hi,

Yesterday I was downloading a program and doing easy tasks such as browsing chrome etc. And suddenly my computer froze and I was unable to do anything. I restarted the computer since I was unable to perform any task as it was stuck. It would go straight to BIOS where my m2 SSD wouldn't show up. I tried several things, adjusting the settings and load the default settings back and forth. I did this for a couple of hours before stopping. The next day I tried the same, 1 hour wen't by and I decided to make a cup of coffee and suddenly when I restarted it, it booted to windows. After 24 hours of nothing.

NOTE! This has happened one time before, it didn't find the ssd at the start up. Didn't show up in BIOS, but after 10 minutes of on and off. It was detected and windows started up again. And I just wen't by normally.

Picture of HDDScan: https://ibb.co/XWVSRNf

Now, after this crash and 24 hours of trying to detect my SSD. I decided to check the SSD with a program called HDDScan. I've read a couple of threads and several forums, tutorials videos on youtube etc. And what I've learned so far is that hard drives have a number of blocks. And I tried this program to see if there was something wrong with the SSD.

Now I don't know how many bad blocks one must have before the SSD is broken or I could RMA it. But I've started the task now and it's at 350k bad blocks. Also it says start LBA, which I don't know how to, or what it is.

Is this wrong data or is my SSD about to haywire?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14196

The bad blacks are usually marked at the factory on the drives internal electronics so it should know to avoid those areas. If I drive starts developing new bed blocks that’s a sure way to know it is going to fail soon so make sure to back up all your stuff and be ready for that

In addition to that you should download the software from your SSD provider to check out your desk and make sure that it’s fine. For example Samsung has their magician software and western digital has their own software as does the Seagate