[SOLVED] M2 SSD suddenly disappeared from device manager & BIOS?

May 20, 2021
Hi. Without any warning or signs of degradation, I suddenly had my M2 just disappear from everywhere. I can't seem to find it in any way - even in BIOS it is only showing my main SSD that I have my OS on. I didn't install any update (that I know of - the update log doesn't show anything either), nor have I installed any particular software lately.

From what I found, the only two options are that the motherboard port is broken or that the M2 itself died. What are my options atm? It has a crapton of data that I would love not have to lose. It's not that old either - maybe 6 months or so.

From what I've read here they also re-appear for people...is there some way to trigger that? After multiple reboots it's not showing up.

May 20, 2021
Aight, something else helped before that. I think. Turned my PC off for a few minutes and turned it back on. Apparently that somehow helps to reset it in a way that a Restart doesn't. Afterwards it popped back up. CrystalDiskInfo shows it as 100% healthy, but Open Hardware Monitor calls it "Generic Hard Disk", so I'm not sure what happened...