May 29, 2020
have a corsair force series gen 4 mp600 nvme pcle m.2 ssd for my msi mag x570 tomahawk wifi motherboard.

there are 2 slots the ssd can go into.
M2_1 [cpu]
M2_2 [pch]
both have built in heat sink with fixed screws at the end. however those screws are fixed. i wanted to put the ssd into the cpu ssd slot, but the heat sink is too long so i cant screw the end of the ssd card down directly. the heat sink does seem to force it to lay flat though. will this be okay?
or should i use the PCH ssd slot where the heat sink is the right size so i can screw in the end of the ssd directly?

i was going to use this SSD for most all of the work. i was initially going to put both OS, games, programs etc all on this one ssd as it is 2TB.
halp.

Solution
Im not understanding, on the longer heatsink slot there should be both a heatsink standoff and an m2 standoff, ypu should be able to screw the m2 down first as well as the heatsink afterwards.

To be honest the heatsink should hold the m2 down secure without the screw in though.

Failing that just swap the heatsinks over if you're that worried.
May 29, 2020
i dunno whats going on. sorry if this posts twice. the forum is acting strange for me.

I have a 2tb corsair force series mp600 nvme pcle gen4 m.2 ssd for my msi mag x570 tomahawk with wifi.
there are two spots the ssd is compatible in.
m2_1[cpu]
m2_2[pch]

they both have built in heat sinks with fixed screws. i cant take those screws out that are supposed to screw into the end of the ssd.
I wanted to put the ssd into the cpu one as it will be doing....everything. howver the heat sink is too long. so i cant screw the end of the ssd down directly. it is pushed flat against the appropriate standoff though. is that okay?

or should i just screw it into the m2_2 pch slot instead. the heat sink is appropriately sized so i can screw in the end of the ssd directly with that one.
please help. i havent found much online about this. and the manuals that came with both are vague as heck.

Im not understanding, on the longer heatsink slot there should be both a heatsink standoff and an m2 standoff, ypu should be able to screw the m2 down first as well as the heatsink afterwards.

To be honest the heatsink should hold the m2 down secure without the screw in though.

Solution
May 29, 2020

i saw that it was supposed to come with a package of screws but i was only able to find three screws and i couldnt seem to get them to actually fit. (may try again later in the day as it is almost 3am and im just tired at this point lol).

if it being held flat by the larger heat sink is enough like you say, then awesome. its my first build in....well over a decade and first time using an ssd so im not familiar with how finicky they can be or not.

(i did try to swap heat sinks at first, but the larger one doesnt actually fit into the m2_2 space woops)

May 29, 2020
You should have gotten some M.2 Screws with yoru motherboard, you need to use one of those to secure the SSD to the standoff, then you screw the heatsink back on. At least that's what Im getting from the motherboard instructions.

saw a package of three screws but on first pass of trying to use them they didnt seem to be quite long enough to actually screw in properly. will update when i try again when im more awake.

May 29, 2020
You should have gotten some M.2 Screws with yoru motherboard, you need to use one of those to secure the SSD to the standoff, then you screw the heatsink back on. At least that's what Im getting from the motherboard instructions.

alright. tried them again this morning. still couldnt get them in. ended up going to the local computer store to explain the situation and they gave me some new ones i didnt have issue with.

learning that the ssd is less finicky than i thought though, is info im glad for. so thanks for your help folks.
slowly i muddle my way through this.