M2N32-SLI Deluxe overclocking

WhateverPT

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
first of all.. those are my specs:
-M2N32-SLI DELUXE
-1gb value ram kingston 667mhz
-amd 4200+

i read all the guides that there has to read and i know that my fsb wall is at 290mhz with stock voltages.. but when i can't pass 250mhz fsb with 11x multiplier and i tried everythinng.. incluing ram dividers voltages boosts.. etc.. can this be a problem of incompatible ram? to get to 290fsb i had to lower the divider to ddr400 and raide it's voltage to v2.0(and that's wierd... i tried with v1.8 and i cant!)

thx in advance,
i'd like to hear out some experiences with this board i know it's a great overcloker but these dam ram issues

WhateverPT

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
i already tried to lower the cpu mutiplier... still i cant get no near 290fsb only with 5x multiplier... do you think runnning mem test would show me anything?

MickK

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
I have the same motherboard and I had a lot of problems with over clocking too.

That chipset is very sensitive with memory and you may need to replace your memory with some higher quality ones.

I went from 2GB Value GEIL memory to 2GB Corsair XMS2 and the board over clocked much easier with the RAM swap.

I would say its not the best mb I've had for over clocking but it is much more stable then most AMD mb's I've used.

WhateverPT

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
i've got i little deep on this matter.... actually this motherboard is the best overcloker on the market( for am2 socket )but it just have a huge problem.. memory compatibility... 8O i will have to buy new memory... some corsair stuff.. and i'll probably get the chip to 3ghz

daflare

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
I had this exact same problem... untill now (i think :S)

Basically, i bought the following:

AM2 X2 4200+ @ 2.2Ghz (Stock)
Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe
2GB of OCZ Special Ops 667Mhz DDR2 Memory
BFG 7600GT OC Graphics Card

and for cooling:

Arctic Cooling Freezer AM2 Cooler
Zalman VGA Copper Cooler
Antec P180B Case (with all usual antec case fan's e.t.c..)

and up untill last night, when i tired changing the settings to:

vcore @ 1.45v and vmem @ 2.2v

left everything else on auto, and bumped up the muliti to: 250 x10

only a 300mhz i know, but temp only went from 45*c to 49-51*c

I did actually manage to get it to 2.8ghz (which of course would have ROCKED!), but for some reason, windows would not recognise the new clocked settings, aswell as cpuz showing stock speeds, and the bios showing 35*c's, but clocked at 2800mhz :-\

been running prime95 for the last 24hours or so, with no problems....

ocattempt1.jpg

so in conclusion, it may be the memory, but try the settings explained above, and see if you have any luck! :D