[SOLVED] m2n68-am se2 for MSI GTX 1050ti

Dec 16, 2018
Since the graphics card gtx 1050ti which im planning to buy draws 75w max, i was wondering if my m2n68-am se2 asus motherboard pcie 16x would support 75w? and over all will it work?

Solution
PCI Express standard requires all PCI-Ex16 slots to provide up to 75 watts of power. Power isn't the issue here. Some GTX 1050 Tis require the UEFI BIOS in order to run and your motherboard does not have it (nor can it get it).

Verify that the card you're looking at does not require UEFI BIOS before making the purchase.

Honestly, though, I wouldn't bother. Time to start thinking more about upgrading the rest of your system.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
PCI Express standard requires all PCI-Ex16 slots to provide up to 75 watts of power. Power isn't the issue here. Some GTX 1050 Tis require the UEFI BIOS in order to run and your motherboard does not have it (nor can it get it).

Verify that the card you're looking at does not require UEFI BIOS before making the purchase.

Honestly, though, I wouldn't bother. Time to start thinking more about upgrading the rest of your system.

-Wolf sends

Solution