M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 Memory Issue

Reflection_61

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
Hello All,

I will try and discribe this as best as I can as I believe this problem is abit unusual and I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what exactly is going on.
I recently upgraded my ram from 4GB to 8GB (4 x 2GB Cosair VS2GB1333D3), Previously I had 2x2GB Cosair VS2GB1333D3, I ordered 2 more Cosair VS2GB1333D3 2GB and put them in the black channels, Now everything boots up fine and everything is ok, But if i take out the two orginal sticks from the blue channel and put in my new ones on there own, the computer will not boot at all, tried pressing the MEMOK! which doesn't do anything, Just beeps 1 long and 2 short, which i believe means that no memory is detected for my motherboard.

So my question is, Why must i have the two orginal cosair sticks in for my new ones to work? when all 4 sticks are in everything is fine, Run cpuz and it tells me that i have 8GB installed, the only reason im concerned is because previously i had a pair of kingston 4GB sticks that had done the same thing, it would not boot unless the cosair ram was in aswell, But it would still register as 12GB.
Anyway if anyone can give me some insight on why this is happening, it would be much appreciated. :)

Thanks all.

redeemer

Distinguished
First off, that motherboard has given me nothing but trouble. To get it stable I had to mess with voltages, thank god it in my dad's computer and not mine. If your 4 ram stick are the same specifications, I would suggest you update your bios. Secondly you should be running 8GB with two 4GB sticks. Try increasing the ram voltages a little!

Reflection_61

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
Intially I actually wanted run Two 4GB sticks to make up the 8GB so i have the other channels free, but my computer wont boot unless i have the original cosair ram in them, Also I have tried updating bios, What ram voltage do you recommend, currently set at 1.5v for the cosair ram which is pretty much factory standard i think

Reflection_61

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
Just an update, Tried increasing ram voltage to 1.6 still wouldn't boot, I honestly don't think it would be a voltage problem, because the 2 new sticks will boot up fine with my other 2 original sticks in the other channel, and like i've said before it all shows up on Cpu-z/speccy, Kinda pulling my hair out now, :( Is it possible that it could be a compatibility problem? I don't think my ram is even listed in the QVL... Also, I've ran memtest86 probably 10 times for over 8 hours at time, And each test came back with no errors, So yeah i really have no idea.