M5A99X EVO R2 Flash Bios?

yeago

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
Hello all,

http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/usb_bios_flashback_guide/

That says nothing about the M5A99X model. The instruction booklet says to download the latest bios from the website and rename it to 99XEVOR2.CAP

I downloaded the latest BIOS, renamed it to the above, put it at the root of the (FAT32) flash drive, put the flash drive in the correct flash slot and hit the USB Flash button. It blinks for 5 seconds and then goes solid which indicates an error. I did everything right!

Then there is more to it that that. That CPU is much older than that motherboard, that chipset was designed with the newer FX series in mind. You might have to re-seat the CPU or take out all the other components. Asus is great with the diag lights but CPU could mean memory or any component since almost everything is on the CPU itself these days.

Take out everything but the CPU, one stick of RAM and the PSU and try again. Then test each stick of RAM, etc.

yeago

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
I don't think the seating is an issue--I just switched over to another mobo (to check out the dvd disk which definitely does not have any kind of flash bios wizard like the instruction manual claims). everything worked just fine.

Tried it with no components (not even ram, should work with no ram right?). Just did the ram switcheroo. Nothing changes. Light flashes for about 10 seconds then steady on.