M91p cpu fan

twilighthowl

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016
Doesn't appear to be any option to change fanspeeds on the bios for the lenovo M91p. Fan is much louder then it should be and can't find documents from lenovo to check where the coy fan should be plugged in. Anyone have documentation specifics for this board with a breakdown of fan placements? Bios instructions for fan speeds? Another idea for how to fix the fan noise?

FYI, cpu temp is about 24c so it's not likely to be a temp issue.

Solution
216d0254cb1eb742e7f02c7a7d1ed55f.png

Do you have the fans configured correctly and have the thermal sensor installed. I need to know how many connections each computer fan has, that will tell you werther or not its meant for a 3 pin with a tach or a 4 pin with pwm, that will automatically increase or decrease rpm based on computer conditions

Also an easy solution would be to get a fan controller to plug into your PSU avoiding the issue if it might me incorrect voltage on that specific rail, this way you can then power all your fans, 3 pins, with the fan controller and add some aesthetics to your case if your ready to DIY.

bailojustin

Distinguished
IM pretty sure you cant alter the fan speed on the laptop fans, if its running loudly the fan itself might be going bad or its working hard to keep your laptop cool. You can open up your laptop find the fan connections and size, order a new one and pop it in if you want to replace the fan. While you do this you can also clean out the laptop. This will solve your noise issues.

twilighthowl

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016

The Lenovo M91p is a SFF desktop, not a laptop.

bailojustin

Distinguished
216d0254cb1eb742e7f02c7a7d1ed55f.png

Do you have the fans configured correctly and have the thermal sensor installed. I need to know how many connections each computer fan has, that will tell you werther or not its meant for a 3 pin with a tach or a 4 pin with pwm, that will automatically increase or decrease rpm based on computer conditions

Also an easy solution would be to get a fan controller to plug into your PSU avoiding the issue if it might me incorrect voltage on that specific rail, this way you can then power all your fans, 3 pins, with the fan controller and add some aesthetics to your case if your ready to DIY.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS