Complete RAM Compatibility For LGA 115X and AMD AM2/3 and FM1/2/3
Excellent In Case Aesthetics
Three 6mm Heatpipes
Nickel Plated C1100 Copper Base
Quick and Easy Installation
Hive Fin Design
Jetflow Acceleration For Better Air Movement Through Fin Array
3-Year Warranty With Registration

Yes I seen that. It does not say it is better than the 212 though. It is just a general statement that it is good. I disagree with the quick and easy installation too. Would have been great to have 3 hands while installing it. You said you have one so you should know what i'm talking about.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/CRYORIG/H7_Universal/6.html shows them to be fairly equal and actually compares it to the 212 instead of making a blanket statement.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
The H7 Universal from CRYORIG was a pleasant surprise as it offered stellar cooling performance for its size. Beating out the similarly priced mainstream favorite in the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO by around 5%, its peformance-per-dollar rating is exceptional. Cooling performance is key, but CRYORIG's cooler managed to surprise again as it is also the quietest cooler at both 25% and 50% PWM, and it is still in the top five with its fan set to run at full tilt. With solid performance and noise output, it is also well constructed and easy to install. Not only that, but like its larger sibling, the H5, the H7 also offers perfect memory clearance. You can even mount a second fan for further performance improvements as CRYORIG includes an extra set of fan clips. Overall, there's a great deal to like about this small tower cooler and the warranty just adds to it. Should you register your cooler with CRYORIG, they will increase the warranty from three to six years. Great performance backed by a great warranty—that's something everyone can be happy about!

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/CRYORIG/H7_Universal/9.html

We will have to agree to disagree about the ease of installation.

The H7 only beat the 212 by 3c though. Could be down to margin of error. I agree the H7 is a nice cooler, don't get me wrong - I love it. I'm saying it is close enough to the 212 evo that either is a good choice in the budget segment, but I still recommend the H7 when given the chance.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah I've been looking for a cooler to replace my 212 Evo, I've been looking at this and the Phanteks TC12. I'm leaning more toward the Cryorig at this point especially if it's only $26. I might order one today. :lol:

Replacing a 212 EVO with this cooler seems rather silly to me.

You'd be better off buying a better NOCTUA fan for the EVO which mounts easily. I actually did that for my sister and it was much quieter (thus can cool better at same noise level).

If you get the Noctua fan make sure to get the right one. It would depend on your motherboard so get 4-pin or 3-pin as appropriate and make sure the fan is 12cm and variable, then setup motherboard fan control.

My sisters Noctua fan idles at 300RPM and is dead silent. It's only audible under high load.

It'd be a waste to replace the 212, but I don't think anyone is thinking of replacing it. It's for building a new PC and getting this instead. (plus I can't stand the ugly brown on the 212 EVO)

Status
Not open for further replies.