[SOLVED] ma610p is good for 9900k ?

no no overclock but 9900k automatic boost to 5gh :fearscream::fearscream:
And this is very bad
Is there a way not to boost?
It is not bad, it is designed to do this. The 9900k is a high end cpu which requires equally high end motherboard and cooling. If you don’t want to pay the motherboard and cooling price look at a different cpu. Why get a cpu and then gimp it so it cannot run at stock speeds?

Reactions: soroushd12
CM m610p should be good enough for normal use without OC.
Ifyo want to OC, depending on CPU's quality, you may need something more serious than 240mm water cooler.
Just watch for lighting, check your MB specs because m610p has ARGB and ML 240L for instance needs "ordinary" RGB control.
Another thing, "L" in ML240L RGB means Lite (thinner radiator) and ma not be any better than that air cooler.

Do you plan on overclocking? The 9900k is a very hot running cpu even at stock. If you have any intention of overclocking you are really needing a 280mm or 360mm AIO. The word economical and the 9900k don’t go together, that cpu needs high end cooling and a motherboard with a high end VRM design.

no no overclock but 9900k automatic boost to 5gh :fearscream::fearscream:
And this is very bad
Is there a way not to boost?
It is not bad, it is designed to do this. The 9900k is a high end cpu which requires equally high end motherboard and cooling. If you don’t want to pay the motherboard and cooling price look at a different cpu. Why get a cpu and then gimp it so it cannot run at stock speeds?

Reactions: soroushd12
Really depends.

A hyper 212 evo should be enough, as long as you don't overclock and is really cheap.

Otherwise, a bequiet! dark rock 4 or whatever their single tower is called, and so will noctua's nhu-12s.
The 212 eve has a max TDP of 150w. While I know it is a different reading the TDP would be similar, the 9900k can peak over 250w at stock without overclocking. While averaging would be lower it’s going to pushed very hard and I would not be surprised if in a case with mediocre airflow that cooling was an issue during high load or long gaming sessions. Personally I would not pick it for this cpu.

Sep 27, 2020
The ml240rs is only a 240mm and performs like a mid range air cooler. The ma610p has poor cooling performance https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cooler-master-masterair-ma610p-cpu-cooler,5423-2.html

You still haven’t answered why you want to cripple the cpu by reducing the stock boost. What motherboard are you planning to use?

I want the temperature to be low and ideal - z370-h

what is The most cost-effective cooler for 9900k ?

my pc pic

mb:z370-h
ram :16gb
hdd:2tra wd
vga:saphire rx580
cpu:9900k
cpu cooler :ma610p

Last edited:
I want the temperature to be low and ideal - z370-h

what is The most cost-effective cooler for 9900k ?

my pc pic

mb:z370-h
ram :16gb
hdd:2tra wd
vga:saphire rx580
cpu:9900k
cpu cooler :ma610p
That motherboard should do a good job, what's you PSU? It seem illogical to get a 9900k and then cripple it just to reduce the cooling requirements, you could have just got a 9700k and been able to have the same high end single core performance while having less heat issues in multi core usage and most likely perform better than a crippled 9900k. My choice as previously said would be a 280mm or 360mm AIO as this will run the CPU as designed with good temperature and low noise. These AIO's all perform similar, just get one with a long warranty. If you go air cooling then Noctua NH-D15 or Deepcool Assassin III. They are not RGB but as I said before I cannot think of an air cooler with RGB that is up to the job. At the end of the day the 9900k is one of the hottest running consumer CPU's of recent years.

Sep 27, 2020
That motherboard should do a good job, what's you PSU? It seem illogical to get a 9900k and then cripple it just to reduce the cooling requirements, you could have just got a 9700k and been able to have the same high end single core performance while having less heat issues in multi core usage and most likely perform better than a crippled 9900k. My choice as previously said would be a 280mm or 360mm AIO as this will run the CPU as designed with good temperature and low noise. These AIO's all perform similar, just get one with a long warranty. If you go air cooling then Noctua NH-D15 or Deepcool Assassin III. They are not RGB but as I said before I cannot think of an air cooler with RGB that is up to the job. At the end of the day the 9900k is one of the hottest running consumer CPU's of recent years.
psu: mwe 750 bronze v2 cooler master

The 212 eve has a max TDP of 150w. While I know it is a different reading the TDP would be similar, the 9900k can peak over 250w at stock without overclocking. While averaging would be lower it’s going to pushed very hard and I would not be surprised if in a case with mediocre airflow that cooling was an issue during high load or long gaming sessions. Personally I would not pick it for this cpu.
250 watts??? where did you read that?
It peaks at 170 watts. (I just checked on the anandtech review.)
The i9 10900k on the other hand, peaks at 220watts or so.

The 212evo is the minimum I would put on an i9 9900k, that is true. But it's good enough for me to not for it's longevity or boost capabilities. (should boost to max, or atleast close to that.)
Atleast at stock.

ASK THE COMMUNITY