MA69-S3H Raid Issues

Tentock

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2007
Just purchased a GA MA69H-S3H. I have two Seagate Barracudas 250GB that I'm trying to RAID Mirror. Flashed the BIOS to F4a. I am using a SATA DVD ROM and SATA DVD RW as optical drives.

The problem I'm having is when I go into BIOS Integrated Peripherals and Enable onboard SATA controller and activate RAID, the board doesn't recognize either of my hard drives. When I switch to "Native IDE", it recognizes both hard drives.

I've tried using both MASTER Sata connections and one master/one slave and both slave and it still won't work. Should I just use IDE drives?

Please help. Thanks.

After activating and setting the board to use RAID, can you see the 2 drives from within the RAID bios? You might have to build the array before the board will "see" them since you have it set to "RAID".
Beyond that, some drives do require you to set them to emulated IDE mode to be detected, even on the SATA controller.
Try building the array first and see if your board detects them.

Virajs

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
I am having similiar problems with my setup. I'm still trying to figure this out. When activating SATA=>AHCI in the BIOS the hard drive is not recognized at all, in fact crashes windows xp with a bsod just 1 second after it starts up. Disabling this allows it go fine. ( WD 750GB SATAII 7500aks ). Now I formatted the drive and can't get any Windows cd to startup ( keep getting the NTLDR is missing ). So frustrated, just might RMA it.

TRENDING THREADS