Question Mac" 2017 "Processes" turdetan and tamias? 99% cpu usage.... help..

May 31, 2019
Hey guys.

I have a Mac 13" from 2017.
  • i have noticed in my "activity manager" that there are to processes that takes up almost all of the cpu power.
  • they each use like 99%, even though it does not make sense that they do.
  • I am wondering what they are? what they do? and how to get rid of them.
Can you help?

Thanks.

May 31, 2019
Is the a new problem? Or is this machine new to you? What does it do in SafeMode and have you installed anything new recently?

I don't show them on my 2015MBP15
I don't know if it's a new problem. But it does definitely not get that hot when i end the processes. I forgot to mention that i got the pro version, also.
The machine is not that new to me. I have had it for 4 months or so. But i am pretty used to apples system.
How to turn it into safemode?
I have recently installed a few things from the internet, but i have deleted the again.
- it says that the two processes that i mentioned, comes from "root".

spinningstill

Honorable
Jan 15, 2018
Sorry SafeMode is enabled by holding the left shift key while restarting. You may have to tap it repeatedly in order to get it to work. You will see SafeMode in the top right corner if it is once you have started the machine. If all is fine once in SafeMode, there is third party software causing the issue.

Another thing to try is create a new user and launch from it to see if the new user has the same issue.

Your machine is relatively new, Apple Genius Bar would be able to diagnose for free. Just have to make an appointment. As always do a back up before taking it in.

Grace and peace.