MAC address not changing

spielbergsp

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2009
I am trying to change my MAC address with several pieces of software that should do the trick, but they don't. They assign a new address, restart the controller, but the MAC address is still like it was before.

What could be the problem?

I have ASUS MB built in Realtek RTL8168C controllers.

spielbergsp

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2009
The value there is completely different from the value that I get if I do "getmac" in the command line. Is that normal?

I don't know because mine is initially empty, but I haven't tried to change it with unknown utilities. getmac on a Gigabyte motherboard returns 00-1F-D0-xx-xx-xx. On an Asus motherboard, it returns 00-22-15-xx-xx-xx. What did you expect?

Kewlx25

Distinguished

^^ On every computer I have ever owned, this is how I did it.

macmaster

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
yaa, my mac ever changed, i got searching all over and got it finally that i was mad. here is how i fixed. go to LAN->properties->configure->advanced

here you see like "set the physical NIC to promiscuious ...", set its value to "enable" state.

now you can change mac as you like !

Apr 23, 2019
yaa, my mac ever changed, i got searching all over and got it finally that i was mad. here is how i fixed. go to LAN->properties->configure->advanced

here you see like "set the physical NIC to promiscuious ...", set its value to "enable" state.

now you can change mac as you like !

Where do I do this? (On what application)