Mac id locking for wired network

kishore4pk

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
i have d-link N300 adsl2+ router, one wired connection give to another room for my friend, if he went to duty another guy using the net, how can i lock the wired connection only for my friend ? it's possible to lock a wired connection for one machine...? sometimes that machine off...! and my other 2 connections also

The dgl-4100 is wired only. The dgl-4500 is the exact same model but with wireless. It also supports MAC filtering though I'm not sure if it applies to wired or wireless. The MAC filtering page looks the same as my dgl-4100 so I assume it applies to all connections.

Edit: found a screen shot. Scroll down to "Advanced - MAC filtering". It's in the left column.

http://www.pcwintech.com/screenshots-d-link-dgl-4100-d-link-firmware

kishore4pk

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

wireless MAC filtering working, i want only for wired connection, not possible unplug the cord and Place the router in a locked cabine,my room all time locked. The connection goes to another room and my friend's room mate is using without our permission, please explain how to block

Setup a password on the computer. If the router does not have an option to block by MAC or IP. Or set up a time that it can be used and just block the traffic though it that way.