Discussion Mac Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
Yes. I bought one without the SSD. Once I got it, I went down and had them install a 64Gb Crucial for $145. I use the 500Gb drive as my secondary drive. It is much cheaper to do it this way than to go through Apple, plus you help you local small business. The thing is unbelievably fast on boot-up.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Do you hear a lot of fan noise with this unit you have?Thanks

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008

What, it has a fan? Just joking. There is absolutely no noise. I have installed Amarra and will be using it as a music server with an external tube DAC.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Sounds like a nice musical combination you have. Especially tubes which is really magical in the midrange. I had tubes all my life in my systems.So the mac mini is not your main computer at all?

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Do you respond back to me when I answer you?

amdfangirl

Expert
Ambassador

I would strongly suggest that you reduce your tone when asking for assistance from another poster.

I would suggest a polite PM :).

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
This is courtesy to respond back to someone.I was brought up like that.

Marv. The contributors to this forum are volunteers who have all sort of other demands on their time. I'm afraid the demanding attitude that you are exhibiting is one of the factors that is making me consider whether I want to spend further time helping people on similar forums.

Your retort was fairly mild, but most of us daily face examples of people demanding responses and then failing to give any feedback or thanks. Sometimes this "me, me, me" attitude gets a little tiresome. It must be even more disheartening for those like AMDFangirl who freely give of their time to maintain forums.

Marv i-jack's comment is a fair one Marv.

Remember a lot of our posters often don't return to a thread at all ... or if they do, then its a few days between posts.

As one of our regulars your on a lot ... but don't make the mistake of thinking everyone else is as keen.

:)

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Sorry I will be more thoughtful from now on

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS