Question Mac os on a new PC?

Jun 17, 2019
Hello my fellow computer geeks,

So pops has had apple computers for years now, and was in the process of buying a new Mac Mini, when I somehow convinced him to let me make him a hackintosh.

The Question:

Can I install Mac OS on a brand new PC that DOES NOT have windows on it?

-or do i need to purchase Windows, then go from there with the installation of Mac OS?

Thanks!

My email is DalexRitch@icloud.com

Last edited:
You know that Hackintoshes are not "standard", and support depends on what the guy who makes them had last night for dinner.

If I was you - I'd let your dad getting new 'Mini, and keep hackintoshing for yourself. Yes, I know you want to play with new stuff on his dime, but...

Jun 17, 2019
You know that Hackintoshes are not "standard", and support depends on what the guy who makes them had last night for dinner.

If I was you - I'd let your dad getting new 'Mini, and keep hackintoshing for yourself. Yes, I know you want to play with new stuff on his dime, but...

ok so i'm a wee bit confused. making a hackintosh is going to be a bad idea? i was thinking it would probably save a lot of money because you know apple makes all their stuff way expensive.

Id just buy the mac.(i cant believe im saying this)

You can install mac os on a system with no os. You need to get a os x image from the app store on a mac computer and image it to a usb drive using rufus.
Then you can boot from it on the target pc and install mac os.

Why i dont suggest this:
  1. it is against the eula and is illegal (mods here get triggered)
  2. It might not work as some hardware isnt hackintosh compatable.
  3. Most componenta lack drivers in mac os

The best option is to install linux and run mac os in a vm on top of that. Linus has shown how to do this.

Id try a hackintosh forum for help. Both linus tech tips and snazzy labs have done simmilar things on yt.

Reactions: Alexrich242