[SOLVED] Mac OS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

questkid44

Reputable
Oct 14, 2015
I just got a old mac from someone, It is a mid-2007 24 inch imac, with a Core 2 Duo 3ghz and 4gb RAM. It is, however, running OSX 10.4.11 Tiger. I have a install el capitan.app, but it wont install for some reason, and if i hit option while starting, only the HDD shows up. I also have a Yosemite DMG but idk if it works. I need this mac to run Captian

Solution
In this case, you might need to reformat the whole system in order to use El capitan. but if you do not want to format, you might need to upgrade your system to 10.5.8(leopard) then upgrade to 10.6.8(snow leopard). then upgrade to 10.8.5 (mountain lion) then you should be able to use el capitan.app bit this case might affect your file in the future.

James Sriwichet

Reputable
Aug 15, 2014
In this case, you might need to reformat the whole system in order to use El capitan. but if you do not want to format, you might need to upgrade your system to 10.5.8(leopard) then upgrade to 10.6.8(snow leopard). then upgrade to 10.8.5 (mountain lion) then you should be able to use el capitan.app bit this case might affect your file in the future.

Solution

McHenryB

Admirable
That iMac is the earliest one that supports El Capitan (it is the aluminium bodied one, isn't it?), so it is possible that you may need to upgrade the firmware first - http://www.chriswrites.com/how-to-check-and-update-your-macs-firmware/

Status
Not open for further replies.