Info Mac OSX or Windows 7 ?

Which operating system is your favourite?

• Mac OSX

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Windows 7

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Windows Vista

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows XP

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Linux

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MS DOS

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really not a question that interests me, or makes any sense as far as I am concerned.

Which OS would be my "favourite" would very much depend upon the computer that I am putting it on and the use that I want to make of it.

Windows 7 ≥ Kubuntu >>> OSX

Having recently reinstalled OSX 10.6 (along with Kubuntu 10.04 and Win 7) on my old macbook 1.1, OSX defiantly feels dated when compared to the others.
Both Kubuntu and Win 7 feel snappier, look fresher and are my preferd OS' when on the go.

Between Kubuntu and Win 7, both work very nice and I actually prefer Kubunto overall.
The only thing keeping it from my main pick is the lack of compatibility with Lightroom 3 and difficulty calibrating the monitor (ended up loading the profile created in Windows to fix this issue).
On a desktop I would also miss the lack of Steam and simple gaming compatibility with Kubuntu.

OSX could be fun to play with (just to know your way around another OS) but is generally outpaced by its competition.

woah, i never said hate, just ranks low since their are better ways to get *nix on a system, and trying to get it installed on an AMD system is painful to say the least and i refuse to buy a mac (need price/performance)

blackhawk1928

Distinguished

Haha, you can't just say Linux for the OS...there are hundreds of different Linux's and many are very different from each other and used for different purposes. As another poster already mention...it depends which computer you install the OS on which determines the favorite...I guess my favorite would be windows 7...after all its the OS i use on my workstation. But when considering lets say an aged laptop which can't hande new apps/os's...then Linux would be a favorite...a specific distro for that laptop.

branflakes71

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Pretty much what ijack said. It depends on the hardware and my needs. I love Windows 7 and think it's the best OS Microsoft has released. I game a lot and am overall a fan of the Windows environment.

OSX is an excellent OS, too, and runs very well on a Mac. Clients/friends that have bought Macs find it easy to use and learn. I prefer it for graphics work.

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
I'd have to agree with ijack too - in most cases it depends on what I am doing and the hardware I have.

I like Win7 a lot, but there are occasions that other OSs are a better choice.

maflynn

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
I'll buck the trend and say I like OSX. I was running win7 on my core i7 but got tired of interface and went the hackintosh route

Status
Not open for further replies.