Question MAC Preview

Sep 26, 2024
I am using a drone to map farm fields. The drone uploads hundreds of RGB and Multispectral photos to a 3rd party (DJI SMARTFARM) and they stitch the images together and send them back to me in a 'TIF' file, that is typically larger then 900MB.

I get the file and the MAC default app is Preview so the file can be open but as soon as I click to do anything, Preview locks up to the spinning wheel.

I running a MAC powerbook with the M1 chip and 16GB of memory. Im not sure if this is a hardware issue or I need to go to another application to open these files.

I just downloaded a trial copy of a photoshop-like application 'AFFINITY' , but that doesn't work in that AFFINITY doesn't support TIF files.

Any suggestions would be good. Perhaps I need a dedicated windows computer, a new MAC application, or I may need to upgrade this machine. I dont know.

Thanks in advance.

Farmer Fred

Sep 26, 2024
I tried the conversion to another app, but the file at 400MB doesn't convert. I chatted with DJI and they just want to sell me more stuff. I'll get this.