Mac Pro or Razer Blade Pro

The Badass

Reputable
Sep 26, 2014
If I am to get a Mac Pro it will be the baseline 15 inch with retina display (e.g. Intel Iris Pro graphics, i7 processor, 256 GB of flash storage, and 16 gigs of RAM) and since the Razer Blade Pro doesn't have any customization options except storage the baseline model. However I am wondering which one to get. The primary uses of the laptop is as following: heavy film editing using Final Cut/ After Effects/ Premiere Pro (this is based on which one you guys recommend since there is no legitimate way to get Final Cut on Windows), light mainstream gaming, basic internet surfing, productivity (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, and OneNote.), as well as some light programming, and music production and listening. Don't be afraid to tell me in-depth stuff as I have built a computer before.

Thanks.

Solution
I would go with the MacBook Pro, for the price of the Razer Blade Pro with a larger storage option (256 GB) it works out to be MORE than even than MacBook Pro 15" higher end version. The MacBook Pro 15 Base doesn't have tehe graphics card option which i would recommend against. You should really get the MacBook Pro with the GTX 750M.

Not sure about the specific pricing for the Razer Blade Pro (since I'm in canada it defaults to CAD, but for the 512 option its like $3040 CAD. In comparison, the higher end MacBook Pro 15" is $2700 CAD (had to use CAD here as well to easier compare). Since you're only doing light gaming its not like you need the bestest video card in it.

Also there is a bit more in terms of software when working with...

Anonymouselite5

Distinguished
Well in this case it all depends on if you like apple or Windows more. Both of them are fairly expensive.

Both of them will do what you want, only that the Mac usually won't work with alot of other devices but is easier to use. Not to mention less problems.

Im trying not to be biased here since I would personally go for the razer for looks and gaming performance/ more games. The Mac is a good machine too, and for internet browsing and music and editing they Both work. Like I said depending if you like apple or Windows for either simplicity or something a little more time consuming.

-good luck

Warukyure

Reputable
Oct 20, 2014
I would go with the MacBook Pro, for the price of the Razer Blade Pro with a larger storage option (256 GB) it works out to be MORE than even than MacBook Pro 15" higher end version. The MacBook Pro 15 Base doesn't have tehe graphics card option which i would recommend against. You should really get the MacBook Pro with the GTX 750M.

Not sure about the specific pricing for the Razer Blade Pro (since I'm in canada it defaults to CAD, but for the 512 option its like $3040 CAD. In comparison, the higher end MacBook Pro 15" is $2700 CAD (had to use CAD here as well to easier compare). Since you're only doing light gaming its not like you need the bestest video card in it.

Also there is a bit more in terms of software when working with music on the Mac. (Only because everyone thinks people use Macs for music recording that they make more software for it.)

Solution

NeCro92

Honorable
Nov 10, 2014
Macs are more productivity-focused and Windows machines are more suitable for the latest gaming titles. The Mac's i7 CPU is great for video editing, but I think it would be rather limited in what games you could run on it. You could use a Windows VM on the Mac though.

KC McLaughlin

Reputable
Nov 9, 2014

If you are talking about the Apple Pro laptop, you should say MacBook Pro; the Mac Pro is Apple's desktop computer.