[SOLVED] Mac running slow and hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WafflePi

Honorable
Aug 13, 2014
Hi so my mac has been heating up a lot latley, its winter right now, its about avg 60 F where i live and my mac is suffering from that. Its a Mac mini so it shouldn't heat up that much but still my mac is getting up to about 200 F on low fan settings, after bumping up my fan rpm to full speed i can see a big drop but still my mac is running at about 160 F. Im just wondering how i can lower these temps without having to do a fresh install because i have important info on this drive i can't afford losing right now, so if anyone can help that would be great! Thanks.

BTW: These temps are recorded when i was just browsing the web, nothing else.

EngageTheSun

Reputable
Apr 6, 2014
I would recommend dusting it. Go buy a can of compressed air and spray that into every vent you can find. If you do, reply back with the results. Is the Mini on top of a desk? On the floor? On carpet? Bring it up to an elevated surface like your desk and this should make a tangible difference.

WafflePi

Honorable
Aug 13, 2014

Well its onto of my desk and its been dusted about a month ago so. Ive opened it up about 5 minuets ago and there was no visible dust, i gave it a rundown with the canned air but that didn't help unfortunately, thanks though!

Status
Not open for further replies.