Discussion Mac vs. Windows

Feb 14, 2019
I'm planning to buy a new computer, either an iMac or Windows. Which will give me the least problems?

I'm technical and can troubleshoot problems, but i don't want to spend the time. I don't need a computer with high performance.

I love the iMac, beatiful machine. Just keep in mind that all in ones like the iMac and there are also Windows ones typically are difficult to upgrade later. Also If you crack the screen it will be very expensive to fix. A desktop (Mac Mini, or tower PC) and monitor is great if you ever want to upgrade or find yourself in need of a new monitor.

spinningstill

Notable
Jan 15, 2018
Macs are a higher standard of computer. Pc on the other hand are more widely used. Macs work better longer than pc's. It's one of those things that would you rather buy a car that you often have to work on or would you buy a car where you can drive it mostly and not be repairing it.

It also depends on what you will us it for. By example my daughter said she wanted a Mac for school. However, would not suggest that unless you have the budget for one. I use a Mac since I do photography. And Macs are simpler to use. I highly dislike the file structure on pc's, its horrible.

My wife uses a pc that keeps going and she is an accountant. Her Samsung laptop works well although I put an SSD, memory, and a new battery in it.

Some input. Blessings.

Asadumer

Commendable
Mar 14, 2017
overall MacBooks are more reliable and has less issues as compare to windows running laptops, here reliability means you won't have any drivers, software issue, your pc will be automatically updated with latest updates, it comes with the built-in operating system and some useful apps, you can use it straight out of the box.

Jack Skell

Commendable
Sep 14, 2016
What software will you need to run? That is the question. MS Office on Mac has slight differences from the windows version, for users using advanced features. Is there some industry software that you will need to run? The programs you need to use will determine your operating system.

mundial

Prominent
Dec 31, 2017
In terms of user satisfaction, Windows and OS are on a par now. This was not always the case.

However, you will find that the biggest grumble Mac users have about macOS is that they feel they paid too much for their system!