[SOLVED] MacAir internet almost non existant

Computanoob

Prominent
Mar 6, 2020
have 90mbps down over 100 mpbs up on my main PC same network, this is sudden, no software updates, no settings changes everything was working perfectly yesterday. Have tried SMC reset, cmplketely deleting all preferences files in library restarts, recreating the wifi connection clearing all DNS settings but heres the kicker and this is what I absolutely hate about mac,
THe wifi diagnostics says everything is working normally and wont even let me do the test, right as the net speed test says it cant complete because there is no internet. When it does test it gives me under 1 mbps dl. It seems like with macs things usually dont go wrong but when they do no body has any idea what's wrong [redacted].

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Do you have a router between your ISP and the MacBook Air? What is the make and model of the router? Might want to also see if the router has any firmware updates pending. As for your MacBook Air, what version of the Apple device do you have? You might want to take the mobile computing device over to a friends place/neighbors place/office to rule out the wireless adapter in the MacBook being faulty or if the network in your crib is nitpicky about your Apple device.

Lutfij

Titan
Do you have a router between your ISP and the MacBook Air? What is the make and model of the router? Might want to also see if the router has any firmware updates pending. As for your MacBook Air, what version of the Apple device do you have? You might want to take the mobile computing device over to a friends place/neighbors place/office to rule out the wireless adapter in the MacBook being faulty or if the network in your crib is nitpicky about your Apple device.

Solution