[SOLVED] Macbook A1181 Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

eking804

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
Hi Everyone,
I have a Macbook A1181 (13-inch Mid 2007 - white) that I have had for about a year. It is a great computer but when having multiple tabs open, playing a simple flash game, or watching youtube videos, the screen turns a dark gray and says in a box in the middle of the screen "Your computer needs to be restarted because of a problem. Press the power button until it shuts off then restart" (paraphrased). After I restart it a message pops up saying "your computer has been shut off because of a problem, where it gives you option to view the issue but it just shows a line of things I don't understand except where it says "kernel panic" next to "cores" I think. I downloaded Macs Fan Control and have to run my fan constantly at 6200 rpm to not let it crash as frequently. Is this my fan? logic board? etc.

Thanks,
eking804

I can post pictures of the messages i get if you would like.

Solution
Could be overheating, but shouldn't shut down from that.

Have you used Disk Util to verify & repair disk, and verify and repair permissions?
That can often fix things. May have to boot to recovery. Restart and hold Option key.

If all else fails, do a reinstall through recovery. Don't worry, no files or settings will be lost.

mrmez

Splendid
Could be overheating, but shouldn't shut down from that.

Have you used Disk Util to verify & repair disk, and verify and repair permissions?
That can often fix things. May have to boot to recovery. Restart and hold Option key.

If all else fails, do a reinstall through recovery. Don't worry, no files or settings will be lost.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.