Macbook air 2017 or Macbook pro 2015?

jimhoxh1

Honorable
Mar 1, 2018
Hello guys i want to buy an apple macbook but i dont know which one to buy,mostly i want to buy the macbook air 2017 because it is 2 years newer and the battery life must be better,what do you think?? Do you have any cheap suggestion for a used macbook under 500 euros??

jimhoxh1

Honorable
Mar 1, 2018
The 2017 Macbook Air is really a 2015 model. All Apple did was shift the base configuration of the Air with a slight CPU bump. All the internals are the same generation as the 2015 model. The 2015 MBP 13 is a much better computer.

https://everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook-air/specs/macbook-air-core-i5-1.8-13-2017-specs.html
you say that the hardware is the same, but in macbook air 2017 the hardware is newer so it might last longer plus the updates,so the only difference is the display?? , both are in the same price

you say that the hardware is the same, but in macbook air 2017 the hardware is newer so it might last longer plus the updates,so the only difference is the display?? , both are in the same price

The MBP has more ports and a faster CPU too. As the CPU and other tech are the same generation and only variants. It's doubtful Apple will stop supporting one before the other in OS updates. There is also the issue of fonts appearing blurry on non-retina displays in Mojave and later. There are workarounds but it is a minor annoyance.

Macs if well cared for generally hold up for a long time. There's still lots of people using 2008 and 2009 models. Heck there is a die hard following of PPC owners. So, I wouldn't worry much about internals which are a little older not holding up in the MBP. Most likely it'll be grossly obsolete by the time there is a serious issue. You'll probably replace the battery sooner.

If you want the MBA get it. I consider the MBP a better buy. Because of CPU speed, ports and a vastly superior display.