Question Macbook air black screen

Nicomyr04

Commendable
Jun 9, 2019
Hello. My laptop is getting repaired so i decided to use my mid 2013 macbook air while it is getting fixed. I factory defaulted it and reinstalled mac os. I then used it for about 3 hours then it froze and i forced it to shut down (holding the power button). Now that i try to turn it on the backlight turns on and i hear the chime but the screen stays black. When the computer runs out of power i can se the plug in charger symbol so the screen is working.
i have tried many key combinations to reset numerous things. I have also tried to boot it with the ssd removed. Any suggestions on what i can try next?

Ralston18

Titan
Regarding "I factory defaulted it and reinstalled mac os."

Which Mac OS did you install?

Maybe some old, buggy, or incompatible update was installed on the macbook air during those 3 hours of use.

Or some component degraded over time and those three hours of use was simply too much....

Nicomyr04

Commendable
Jun 9, 2019
Regarding "I factory defaulted it and reinstalled mac os."

Which Mac OS did you install?

Maybe some old, buggy, or incompatible update was installed on the macbook air during those 3 hours of use.

Or some component degraded over time and those three hours of use was simply too much....
i installed high sierra. Can’t remember the numbers