MacBook Air help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwi king

Honorable
Jul 29, 2013
Hello! I was wondering if you could actually download Battlefield 3 on a MacBook without using the Windows OS. PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME THE FRAMERATES WILL SUFFER!!! I'm not a big fan of windows and I want to install Battlefield 3 on my Mac using Mac OS.

Thanks!

Solution

As in just completely get rid of Mac OS X and just use Windows 8? Buy a Windows 8 disk and just install it and delete the Mac OS X partition.

UPDATE: Except I'm not sure how you'll get driver updates if you delete your Mac OS X partition. Why not just...

Deus Gladiorum

Distinguished

Like most games, Battlefield 3 wasn't made for Mac OS X. It won't work at all.

kiwi king

Honorable
Jul 29, 2013

Can someone help me on how to run windows 8 on my MacBook without running them side by side? I just want to run Windows 8.

Deus Gladiorum

Distinguished

As in just completely get rid of Mac OS X and just use Windows 8? Buy a Windows 8 disk and just install it and delete the Mac OS X partition.

UPDATE: Except I'm not sure how you'll get driver updates if you delete your Mac OS X partition. Why not just buy Windows 7 and use bootcamp? Otherwise, I'm not sure how you'll do it while keeping your drivers.

Solution

kiwi king

Honorable
Jul 29, 2013

Thanks!:p

Deus Gladiorum

Distinguished

Don't do that actually, because you need Mac OS X for your driver updates which can't easily be provided for you otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.