[SOLVED] MacBook or Custom PC

Nov 1, 2018
I’ve basically come into some money and after having issues with windows computers multiple times now I am debating whether to build a custom PC and know what’s going into it and be able to upgrade and change it or get a second hand MacBook because the prices for new ones are astronomical. I basically want the portability of the MacBook because I study away from home and I also don’t have a lot of space for a full desktop. Would only be using it for light gaming and general use but just generally have a fast running computer for once

Solution
First you need to decide on what is important, portability or performance.

I like MacBook (I have a few, as well as many PCs). THe best thing about the Apple eco system is that in general it works.
However you do pay a premium for that convenience.

If you don't need the portability then I would build my own system, you would certainly get better performance for your dollar.

The other thing to check is whether this second hand Macbook is compatible with the latest OSx, also do you want to learn a new way of doing things.

So decide if portability is a must have, you could also look at a new Dell L attitude laptop.

asoroka

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
First you need to decide on what is important, portability or performance.

I like MacBook (I have a few, as well as many PCs). THe best thing about the Apple eco system is that in general it works.
However you do pay a premium for that convenience.

If you don't need the portability then I would build my own system, you would certainly get better performance for your dollar.

The other thing to check is whether this second hand Macbook is compatible with the latest OSx, also do you want to learn a new way of doing things.

So decide if portability is a must have, you could also look at a new Dell L attitude laptop.

Solution