[SOLVED] Macbook os installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawsonDaBaws

Honorable
Oct 26, 2014
Hi guys
I just set my MacBook Pro into internet recovery, but when i come to the installation part, it doesnt come up with any availabe hard disks? I just installed a brand new 250gb ssd, because my previous harddisk was broken.
(My sisters old mac)

What to do?

Solution
It's not a site, it's what you booted into.

From your top post: "I just set my MacBook Pro into internet recovery"

Here is the screen you see once Internet Recovery Boots:
iu

Before choosing 'Reinstall OSX', open Disk Utility and use the steps above to format your new SSD. After formatting, close Disk Utility to go back to the main page and choose 'Reinstall OSX,' your drive should now show up as an option.
Hi Dawson,

That's probably because the new SSD needs to be formatted.

1) From the main Internet Recovery screen go to the top toolbar and look for Disk Utility.
2) Open Disk Utility and you should see your new SSD drive in the left hand pane
3) Select the new drive and choose the 'Partition' tab
4) Click the '+' button and then under 'partition scheme' choose 1 partition. Also give the drive a name
5) Select 'Apply' and your disk should now be ready to insall OX on
6) Close Disk Utility and install OSX

If you need a visual aid for this here is a handy guide with pictures of the partitioning process: http://osxdaily.com/2011/04/26/partition-hard-drive-mac-os-x/

It's not a site, it's what you booted into.

From your top post: "I just set my MacBook Pro into internet recovery"

Here is the screen you see once Internet Recovery Boots:
iu

Before choosing 'Reinstall OSX', open Disk Utility and use the steps above to format your new SSD. After formatting, close Disk Utility to go back to the main page and choose 'Reinstall OSX,' your drive should now show up as an option.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.