Question MacBook Pro 2017 - changed LCD, now no power at all

heweaver

Reputable
Dec 4, 2019
I had a customer bring in a MacBook Pro 2017 for replacement of a busted LCD. I have done many of these in the past, but after changing this LCD I am not getting any power at all. I had disconnected battery before I started just like I always do but still not having any luck with his machine powering on, so we ordered a new motherboard which I installed and still not getting any signs of power at all. What else could I check internally if I have already replaced the LCD and the Motherboard? Thanks!

heweaver

Reputable
Dec 4, 2019
I did try resetting the SMC but no luck.
This model does not have a touchbar or anything.

Also, after playing with it more (currently has the new motherboard and new screen installed) the only signs of life I can get are if I disconnect battery from the motherboard, then plug in the power cord, then mess with the power button it tries to come on, but no display on the internal LCD, but an external C-HDMI adapter shows up just fine on the external monitor, but it only shows that symbol like you need to plug it in to charge...mind you, the battery is disconnected.

If I do the same steps, but then as soon as fans kick on, if I plug battery into the motherboard, it attempts to boot but only displays on the external adapter, and after the macos bar loads about halfway, the system shuts off again.