May 17, 2020
Hello everyone. I have a MacBook Pro 2018 13inch display with the Touch Bar. Well it’s not mines, but my sisters. So what happened was, she dropped her MacBook off her bed which was around 2 feet high, and it has a dent at the top right corner of the edge. After she dropped it, she began having problems.

1. MacBook restarts “your MacBook restarted due to a problem”, probably kernel panic. This happens when you use the Mac for a short amount of time. The bottom of the MacBook gets hot, but fans are working...

2. Touch Bar doesn’t show icons, but turning the volume, brightness what not still works. For some reason, the touch Bar kind of lights up when powering on.

what I’ve tried so far....

I did the SMC reset. And I don’t think it worked, or maybe I did not do it correctly. I’ve tried the others like NVRAM, and PRAM reset, but I don’t think you’re suppose to do it with the newer models (with the T2 chip), but besides that it didn’t work.

so what else can I do, maybe I could try resetting, but will it actually fix the problem?

thank you very much for reading. I really wanna fix this for my sister, and not let her pay for anything, cause Apple is a overpriced on everything....

Btw. Everything works fine, the display works properly as well the touch pad, and keyboard. Again it just restarts whenever you use it for like maybe 3 minutes, and the Touch Bar doesn’t show icons, but you still can toggle the volume what not.

Kiet.exe

Prominent
May 2, 2020
Hello everyone. I have a MacBook Pro 2018 13inch display with the Touch Bar. Well it’s not mines, but my sisters. So what happened was, she dropped her MacBook off her bed which was around 2 feet high, and it has a dent at the top right corner of the edge. After she dropped it, she began having problems.

1. MacBook restarts “your MacBook restarted due to a problem”, probably kernel panic. This happens when you use the Mac for a short amount of time. The bottom of the MacBook gets hot, but fans are working...

2. Touch Bar doesn’t show icons, but turning the volume, brightness what not still works. For some reason, the touch Bar kind of lights up when powering on.

what I’ve tried so far....

I did the SMC reset. And I don’t think it worked, or maybe I did not do it correctly. I’ve tried the others like NVRAM, and PRAM reset, but I don’t think you’re suppose to do it with the newer models (with the T2 chip), but besides that it didn’t work.

so what else can I do, maybe I could try resetting, but will it actually fix the problem?

thank you very much for reading. I really wanna fix this for my sister, and not let her pay for anything, cause Apple is a overpriced on everything....

Btw. Everything works fine, the display works properly as well the touch pad, and keyboard. Again it just restarts whenever you use it for like maybe 3 minutes, and the Touch Bar doesn’t show icons, but you still can toggle the volume what not.
i have the same problem with my mac. The bottom just gets really hot and i had to download a fan control app to cool it down. My problem is not as severe but I also need help