Macbook pro crashes (because of overheating?)

dabler

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017
Hey,

I have hardware problem with my macbook pro 13' mid 2010.

After a brief time laptop crashes, often with single coloured screen (blue, pink etc, everytime different).
When I have installed fan and temperature managing software it turned out that laptop crashes in ~40C (104F).
When I increased fans speed to max and monitored temperature I was able to maintain os x stable.

I have cleaned insides and changed thermal paste on cpu and gpu. I can't run full Apple Diagnostics tests because laptop crashes in the middle of it.

I would be grateful for any advices how to deal with the problem.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
40c on what? That is not very hot for any component in that laptop, I doubt a 40c temp on anything is causing a crash. However if increasing fan speeds stopped the crashing there could still be a heat issue, however I doubt it is any component running at 40c.

dabler

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017
Thank you for your answers.

Reseted SMC and NVRAM but it didn't help.

I have reinstalled system and now cpu temperature is 60C, managed to get it to 70C. Apparently the fan was on 2000RPM in all these cases (unless changed using aplication).

Here are some photos of the crashes:
Blue screen:
s0CqwOQ.jpg

Yellow screen:
bOcfTnw.jpg

stripes 60C 4000RPM (changed programatically)
CKcUXh4.jpg

Oct 16, 2019
Thank you for your answers.

Reseted SMC and NVRAM but it didn't help.

I have reinstalled system and now cpu temperature is 60C, managed to get it to 70C. Apparently the fan was on 2000RPM in all these cases (unless changed using aplication).

Here are some photos of the crashes:
Blue screen:
s0CqwOQ.jpg

Yellow screen:
bOcfTnw.jpg

stripes 60C 4000RPM (changed programatically)
CKcUXh4.jpg
hello i have same issue like you , did you fix it ? , can you any suggest for me about this issue plss ...