MacBook Pro Getting AMD Radeon Vega Graphics in November

Oct 30, 2018
Sure, compare the in same category, size, weight, materials, etc. and not super heavy gaming laptops at 4kgs or desktops. Compare apples with apples. I’m not saying the price is low or right, just asking for a fair comparison and leave out the apple hate, this beeing the first in any discussion. Just because it’s apple, it’s all about apple ripping us off, and all that stuff.

victormtzc

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
Macbook is like Iphone, they have less tech inside but Apple claims the software is what make the difference. I really think Windows 10 is superior in many ways to MAC OS X.

Way I think is better Windows 10 is because it is very stable and I can run any software in the world. MAC OS X you can run everything but with a virtual machine which is no that cool to do it.

Regards

Oct 30, 2018
What do you mean, less tech inside? From what i'm seeing in iphones they have one of the best CPUs in their market, the SD845 is at the low end of this category, while only the Exynos and the Kirin CPUs come close to the A12 CPUs. Is it because RAM on iphones? How come an older iphone is faster than a high end android phone or at the same pace from this year. On macs, you have by default nvme drives and those "Retina" resolutions, which no other laptop have at a lower price, unless you go head to head or close at that price. For materials, they went with aluminium, this time recycled 100% aluminium, see the iphones from this year, a lot more materials are from recycled sources. Personally, I'll always go with a Thinkpad, i've used them in the past and no matter the price and HW the overall product is top notch. From what i've seen with this keynote and the one from September, people just like to hate the company, with no regards to what it is, what's in it etc. Yes, the macs are expensive, and you can't upgrade them after you buy them, but coupled with the SW it delivers a great package. You have to understand, without the SW optimizations that will take full advantage of your resources, the HW is meaningless.

apone

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
I'm curious, how would this benefit Mac users who do graphic design? Since Adobe programs utilize nVidia GPU horsepower by harnessing CUDA during intensive tasks such as image rendering and video encoding...

DGurney

Prominent
Feb 21, 2017
Too bad it's couched in a hideously degraded machine that's crippled by a POS (not to mention incomplete) keyboard, an embarrassing emoji bar, and a glued-together chassis with soldered-in RAM and drives.

it doesnt matter
They only buy things that got the Apple logo on them

eye4bear

Honorable
Jul 12, 2018
There are only two things special at all about any Apple computer, the OS and the retina display. Otherwise the hardware is all just the same as any other PC. Why people are willing to pay 50% more for the same hardware always amazes me.

There is nothing special about their so called retina displays.
They are no better than any high end monitors for PCs or those that come with the high end laptops
The PC users actually have more high quality monitors to choose from than the mac users.
Just look at all the gaming monitors and monitors for content creators
from ASUS ROG Swift Curved PG348Q to Dell UltraSharp 32" 8K Monitor: UP3218K for desktops and the 17.3 4K ips on the Razer Blade Pro
https://www.razer.com/gaming-laptops/razer-blade-pro#razer-blade-pro-view

If you like Mac OS you could just build your own hackintosh at less than half the cost of a similar mac