[SOLVED] Macbook Pro Intel Core i5 7267U + AMD ? Bottleneck?

Aug 23, 2019
Hi,

I have a 13 inch Macbook pro mid 2017 and I want to get an external GPU to boost performance as well as playing games (Apex Legends / Fortnite / Overwatch) Mainly.

Current specifications:

3.1 GHz Intel Core i5 7267U

8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Integerated Graphics Card
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB

------------------------------------------------

I have searched for compatible graphics card for the Mac OS, and they were mostly in the AMD Radeon RX series.

I have compared them and I reached to two options.

AMD Radeon RX Vega 56

AMD Radeon RX 580

Okay so I'm not experienced so if you have any comments or suggestions for other options please let me know.

I have checked for bottleneck calculator and they all turned me down and I noticed that some people claim they are "fraud",

Thank you.

Solution
I honestly don't that CPU will create a huge bottleneck with either of those 2 GPUs, imo. Bottleneck is actually "subjective", and it depends on a lot of factors, including the Game being played.

But I think the VEGA 56 might get bottlenecked when paired with that i5 CPU. The RX 580 should be fine though....

I have checked for bottleneck calculator and they all turned me down and I noticed that some people claim they are "fraud",

What do you mean by this actually ? Which app is fraud ?
I honestly don't that CPU will create a huge bottleneck with either of those 2 GPUs, imo. Bottleneck is actually "subjective", and it depends on a lot of factors, including the Game being played.

But I think the VEGA 56 might get bottlenecked when paired with that i5 CPU. The RX 580 should be fine though....

What do you mean by this actually ? Which app is fraud ?

Solution