May 14, 2019
I'm interested in buying either a Macbook Pro or Surface Book 2 and I'm interested to hear people's thoughts on the two. I'm aiming for 15" 16GB Ram with at least 500 GB memory if not 1TB. I work as a graphic designer, mainly on patterns so I'd be using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop a lot, but I might also use it for architecture work in the future and definitely for some light video editing. I'm currently a PC user but I own an ipod which I use for taking photos a lot for my work. I also occasionally use my camera for work so I'm drawn to the SD slot in the surface laptop.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
You could look into the MacBook lineup since they are equipped with a workstation grade GPU which will later pair with a beefier Radeon Pro GPU using an external GPU dock via USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 connection. That would be a more robust option when you do decide to ask for more power both on and off the go. The only limitation is that it lacks storage capacity and will have you lugging around a portable HDD to store all your work.

The same can be said about the Surface Laptop 2 but IMHO the Mac's are more robust and sleek. If you're more into cross-platform compatibility, you can look into the Surface Laptop 2.

May 14, 2019
You could look into the MacBook lineup since they are equipped with a workstation grade GPU which will later pair with a beefier Radeon Pro GPU using an external GPU dock via USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 connection. That would be a more robust option when you do decide to ask for more power both on and off the go. The only limitation is that it lacks storage capacity and will have you lugging around a portable HDD to store all your work.

The same can be said about the Surface Laptop 2 but IMHO the Mac's are more robust and sleek. If you're more into cross-platform compatibility, you can look into the Surface Laptop 2.

I'm also interested which is better in terms of repair-ability?

Macs shine when you use software developed for them. If you can move from adobe to something developed more with Mac in mind you'd get better performance.

also you don't need a mouse etc. Neither are really repairable. But you can get AppleCare for the Mac which will cut repair bills significantly for the 2/3 years it runs.