MacBook Pros Plagued With Keyboard, Trackpad Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is funny remembering the Mac ver's PC commercials that a Mac just works. Just plug any device in and a Mac will work with it. But yet my Nook HD+ does not work with out a third party app nor does my Sony Xperia ion. Yet on Windows 8 both are seen as a hard drive and I can drag and drop right to them with no third party apps at all. That is on my IMac and Hackintosh.

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Come on guys, this is all just Apple's new "Stay Updated" campaign: the new Macbook Pro is gently reminding users that it's time to upgrade to the new Macbook just around the corner. It's a new and wonderful feature.

f-l-r

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
You forget to say in your article that the problems occurs under Windows and not with Mac OS X. I have bought this laptop and it's a fantastic machine. But I will wait until Apple fixes those problems before installing Windows. I don't understand why somebody hates an OS or a manufacturer. Nobody forces you to buy the stuff that you don't like so stop whining about it. What I don't like is having to use Windows XP at work together with a lot of other legacy software. Even on a brand new Dell laptop everything feels extremely slow. I'm sure it would be a lot faster with Windows 7 or 8.

Blazer1985

Honorable
May 21, 2012
Because it is made for people that don't really need a computer, just an expensive typewriter. I bought one but being so restricted by the os in what I could and couldn't do it ended up being the most expensive dvd player ever :)
(Since if you install windows you don't even have optimus working)

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Lol, Blazer. It sounds more like to did not know how to use the OS. The transition is not easy for everyone. There are no restrictions at all in OSX. You just need to learn how to use it.

burkhartmj

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012

I don't know about others, but I find myself hating on Apple because everything about their products and culture is centered on the idea that they are superior to everyone else because they "think different." Also, because of numerous ad campaigns talking about how they "just work" and how people who use PC's are nerd rejects and those who use macs are some special breed of cool [this is an extrapolation of how they portrayed mac and PC in the mac vs PC ad campaigns, but it's hard to argue otherwise].

The part that really gets the hate flowing though is knowing and dealing with people who have bought into this hook, line, and sinker, and legitimately believe they are better because they have a Mac. The PC people who are obsessed over their DIY desktop and scoff at someone's HP are no better, but that's a much smaller group so they aren't as annoying as a whole.

onichikun

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
Lol I guess with Apple people are actually surprised that it has problems, which is why all the comments have to make such a big point about it.

With other PCs is pretty much an expectation for it to fail, since its a flimsy piece of crap built and designed by a bunch of people who are better at ripping off designs than coming up with anything unique! Keep your crappy space heaters, I'll keep my overpriced type writer XD

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008

Nope. It is Apple laptops that have poop squeeze out between the keys when you press them, displays that only show orange or brown on a background of dark gray, and ports that emit an odor of rotting fish (See, if you're going to make stuff up here, at least be more creative, like this)

laseru

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
Just because you cannot afford a Mac that does not mean it's bad. Just because you have never used one it does not mean it is not better than Windows. The only thing keeping me and others like me using Windows is that we own a lot of software for Windows or because there is no real equivalent on Mac. I use both Mac and Windows 8.1 and I find myself loving the Mac more and more. And keep that in mind...I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY MAC, AND WHEN I HAD ONE DEAD PIXEL ON MY MBP Retina 15, GUESS WHAT, APPLE CHANGED THE ENTIRE SCREEN. NOW GO BACK TO YOUR CRAPPY HP, DELL, LENOVO, ACER OR OTHER BUDGET LAPTOP AND DO THE SAME...IT DOESN'T WORK I KNOW!!!! I TRIED THEM ALL! The only problem is that you pay a lot at the beginning but you also get something else. Be honest people, Apple hardware with or without Steve is awesome, I even run Windows on my Macbook PRO and I prefer it to any laptop, any manufacturer. Yeah I know this is truly incredible but it's true, it works better. I use my Windows 8.1 desktop only to run VMware Workstation with a lot of VMs. Take the web browsing experience on MAC, it's years ahead of the experience you have on Windows.

Blazer1985

Honorable
May 21, 2012
From ap3x: "Lol, Blazer. It sounds more like to did not know how to use the OS. The transition is not easy for everyone. There are no restrictions at all in OSX. You just need to learn how to use it. "
Yeah, you are right.
Now please could you transfer one file in my ntfs sandisk extreme?
May you please close your lid while leaving the mbp working?
Would you please import a m2ts file into fcpx without recoding?
Once you will be able to do at least this BASICAL THINGS without external software, without editing system files and without waiting for hours just to use your stock footage I will repeat after you "There are no restrictions in OSX" :-D

Blazer1985

Honorable
May 21, 2012
TL/DR: It is a precise apple policy to lock down as many thing as possible so that there are fewer things that could go wrong because of the user. If you don't feel limited than it works for you, sadly I need more options so it doesn't work for me :-(

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008

Never had a problem, except that your keyboard is broken; Your Shift key is stuck. No one reads comments filled with all-caps.

Blazer1985

Honorable
May 21, 2012
@laseru
Now go tell them that it throttles cpu and gpu to 50% under load and watch them raise their shoulders ^_^
Price is not the issue here.
You pay 2k and more for an hardware that you can't use.

Status
Not open for further replies.