Question macbook startup concern

me88

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
recently i turned on my macbook pro and it stayed on the white screen with the apple logo for a lot longer than it normally would. i held down the power button to turn the computer back on, when i turned the computer back on everything was fine. Does anyone know why this could have happen?

Maybe it got hung up on an update. Honestly, any number of processes could have hung at boot. It happens sometimes. Unless it is an ongoing issue. I wouldn't worry about it. Unless you want to start digging through the Console logs.

Which by now will be way far back. You'd look at the time of the hang. For the last process to load before the error occurred or a point where a repeating error occurred. Then export and review that section of the log.

Also, I don't know how long you waited before forcing a reboot. It may simply have been running a disk check.

me88

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
Maybe it got hung up on an update. Honestly, any number of processes could have hung at boot. It happens sometimes. Unless it is an ongoing issue. I wouldn't worry about it. Unless you want to start digging through the Console logs.

Which by now will be way far back. You'd look at the time of the hang. For the last process to load before the error occurred or a point where a repeating error occurred. Then export and review that section of the log.

Also, I don't know how long you waited before forcing a reboot. It may simply have been running a disk check.

it hasn't happen again but i'll make note of what you mentioned just in case it happens again