Machine Check Exception BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2018
Hello Guys!
So for the past 2-3 months my PC has been having blue screen issues with the error code Machine Check Exception. Its really annoying and usually when I start my PC it will always happen 3-5 times before my PC becomes some what usable. And even when it becomes usable it tends to also get the Machine Check Exception BSOD sometimes.
I own a MSI B150M Bazooka motherboard and it has these EZ Debug LEDS on the board. Earlier when my PC had the BSOD I checked the EZ Debug LEDS and found that first the CPU light blinked then to the DRAM then the VGA light blinked twice. I checked the manual for the MOBO and there was no help on the EZ Debug LEDS except telling me which light is for which. The CPU and GPU I have is an i5 6500 and XFX RX 460 2GB Single Fan card. The drivers for the card also is using the latest drivers which is 18.2.1. Before this I was using some older drivers which was 17 something and I also had this issue which then I updated it. Yet I still get the error.
Here are my specs :
Intel Core i5 6500 XFX RX 460 2GB Avexir Core 8GB DDR4 x 1 2400MHZ MSi B150M Bazooka MOBO Apacer 120 GB SSD Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD Corsair VS550 PSU
I hope someone could help my solve this soon!
Thank you for all your help and advice in advance!
EDIT: I also read some forums online and they said overclocking or overheating might cause it, but my GPU runs around 55-65C even on full load and I uninstalled MSI Afterburner (I never OC'ed through it I just downloaded it.)

May 23, 2018

Here It Is. I don't know if its the info you need.
https://imgur.com/D3qk6ya

Also I tried uninstalling my video drivers and reinstalling them. But its not the case. However it doesn't crash in Safe Mode.

EDIT: Also my PC is only about a year and 8 months old. I don't know if that will make any difference.

May 23, 2018
Bump.

I check event viewer and it seems to be Kernel-Power id41 Task 63 critical error. I took my PC to the store and all they did was stress test my PC and it did not crash or overheat. Infact even under 100% load everything ran under 65 degrees celcius. I took it back home and it started crashing almost all the time. For example, turn it on and log into steam, BSOD with Machine Check Exception as the code.

I ended up running DDU and got another type of blue screen whenever I tried to reinstall the AMD driver. I was so frustrated so I just formatted my PC and reinstalled windows. However it worked fine for about 15 minutes until it started crashing again. It happened right after I installed my AMD driver. But whats weird is without the driver before I was also getting crashes (before format).

May 23, 2018
@flobernd

Sadly I do not. I however did go into the bios to enable my iGPU and then ran my DVI cable into my motherboard. It still crashed like normal. However I think I might have just worsen the issue. Now when i get BSODs, they just appear all blue and theres Black Squares all over the screen. It looks kinda scary and now I am worried that I screwed something up even more.

May 23, 2018
@flobernd

Hi, I unplugged the 6 Pin from my GPU (XFX RX460 2GB) and changed my bios integrated gpu settings to IGP (Honestly idk what that is). However It still crashes with the same BSOD stop code.

Forgot to mention: yes I did plug in the DVI cable to the motherboard for this test

Status
Not open for further replies.