[SOLVED] machine check exception

May 7, 2021
I installed new win 10. For driver I use driver booster after all driver installed I restart pc after that machine check exception showing I try bios reset , after that I even format ssd then try to install new one but after selecting boot driver it's still showing machine check exception
What should I do?

Solution
Then connect bootable pendrive & it's showing repairing windows then freeze on loading then machine check exception error

You get an MCE error with just the usb attached? you shouldn't unless the actual USB itself is causing it, as if SSD isn't attached, there is no windows there to cause the error?
If the USB is only thing running, there is no windows there to repair, why is it going into that mode.
Did you reconnect the ssd as that sounds like its trying to boot the ssd.

Did you use the boot override menu in bios to boot off the USB? its on page 36 here - https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_h310m-s2_e.pdf
its on the Save & Exit screen

what you do is boot pc with usb in slot
go into bios and leave...
May 7, 2021
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu

and don't use driver booster

I try to Format ssd in install new window when booting it's crashing even when it's try to repair itself it's crashing machine check exception .
I also try removing GPU + try to install win to other hdd nothing worked

May 7, 2021
that is a mistake but it shouldn't cause Machine Check Exception during the install process.

problem could be the boot drive if you can't repair it or the crash happens when you try to install windows to it.
I removed ssd it's showing motherboard bios
Then connect bootable pendrive & it's showing repairing windows then freeze on loading then machine check exception error

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master

You get an MCE error with just the usb attached? you shouldn't unless the actual USB itself is causing it, as if SSD isn't attached, there is no windows there to cause the error?
If the USB is only thing running, there is no windows there to repair, why is it going into that mode.
Did you reconnect the ssd as that sounds like its trying to boot the ssd.

Did you use the boot override menu in bios to boot off the USB? its on page 36 here - https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_h310m-s2_e.pdf
its on the Save & Exit screen

what you do is boot pc with usb in slot
go into bios and leave the normal boot order alone
go to save & exit screen
choose boot over ride
choose usb from list, PC will restart and boot from installer.

you shouldn't get an MCE on installer I don't think... i mean, its possible but i don't know, never seen it. It shouldn't run windows repair, it will just try to install.

As I said, could be ssd, if you have a spare hdd I would try to install on it and see if you still get the errors.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS