Machine does not start even after shorting power pins

tomk1988

Reputable
Oct 31, 2014
Hello,

My machine does not start until at least trying for 5-10 mins. Initially I thought there is some issue with the power switch cable so I put reset switch cable instead and it still did won't start.

Now I am trying to start the machine by shorting power pins and even that does not work until at least 5 mins. After 5 mins of constant shorting the machine eventually boots up fine and after that there is no issue. It runs fine for complete day. But the next if I have to start I have to repeat the same process.

Would soldering the power pins help if at all may be if it's not conducting power properly.

Please advise what could be the issue? Is it bad motherboard or PSU or something else?

jay.wooster

Prominent
Sep 27, 2018
I had a similar issue recently except i would not get any power at all shorting the pins and it turned out the motherboard was fried. Inserted same components into a new motherboard and worked a treat. You guessed PSU aswell which could be the case if it has deteriorated over time.

tomk1988

Reputable
Oct 31, 2014

@Bee: No I haven't I will try it tomorrow morning and see how it goes. To confirm I should:

1. Keep the power supply to PSU off
2. Remove the CR2032 battery
3. Do a jumper reset
4. Put back CR2032 battery

and start my machine to see if everything works as normal - right?