Question MacOS minecraft server forge issues

Aug 4, 2019
Ok Tom, I really need your help,

I'm attempting to run a forge server on my old mac (An Intel IMac I have booted with High Sierra 10.13.6), and i'm running into a few problems. I understand that to allocate more ram to the forge.jar, I must use a start.command file. This is the start.command I'm using:

#!/bin/bash
cd "$(dirname "$0")"
exec java -Xms12G -Xmx12G -jar forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2838-universal.jar

Double-clicking, I am met with this gargantuan error:

Last login: Sun Aug 4 16:03:25 on console

william-Mac-Pro:~ william$ /Users/william/Desktop/girth/start.command ; exit;

A problem occurred running the Server launcher.java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:567)

at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:70)

at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:34)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: class jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader cannot be cast to class java.net.URLClassLoader (jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader and java.net.URLClassLoader are in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap')

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.(Launch.java:34)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

... 6 more

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

I have 16 GB of DDR3 RAM, 12GB of which is allocated through the start.command.
I am using Java Version 8, Update 221.
If anybody needs more information, feel free to ask.

Last edited:

crazily

Prominent
May 27, 2018
An imac is not designed for that. It's apparently designed for artwork and work scenerios. If that's something you'd like to do I'd reccomend you either install windows or linux on the imac or buy a real computer.