[SOLVED] Macrium Reflect cloning shows incorrect SSD size?

Jan 4, 2021
I have an old 60gb SSD (with Windows on it) and I was using Macrium Reflect to clone that drive onto new 240gb SSD. But after it completed the cloning, now My Computer is showing my new SSD to be exactly the same size as my old one. Both SSDs are now reading "6gb free / 55,3gb". What is this?

Solution
I have an old 60gb SSD (with Windows on it) and I was using Macrium Reflect to clone that drive onto new 240gb SSD. But after it completed the cloning, now My Computer is showing my new SSD to be exactly the same size as my old one. Both SSDs are now reading "6gb free / 55,3gb". What is this?
Macrium Reflect copied the 60GB partition into your 240GB and left the remaining space unformatted.
Go into Windows Disk Management (as admin) and extent the partition to reflect the full capacity of the disk.
Show screenshot from Disk Management.
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

Usually it's enough to just extend windows OS partition.
Note - space next to OS partition (to right) has to be empty, for extending to be possible. If there's a recovery partition next to OS partition, then it has te be deleted first.

Macrium Reflect copied the 60GB partition into your 240GB and left the remaining space unformatted.
Go into Windows Disk Management (as admin) and extent the partition to reflect the full capacity of the disk.

Solution