[SOLVED] Macrium Reflect imaging troubles

80-watt Hamster

Honorable
Oct 9, 2014
I've got a W10 installation striped across two 120GB SSDs that I'm trying to image onto an SM961 using MR. The image creates and restores without errors, but Windows bluescreens on boot, complaining about missing \system32\drivers\spaceport.sys. I tried creating a new image after making sure spaceport.sys was in \system32\drivers, but no dice. Windows lived perfectly happily on an M8Pe on this board (MSI Z170-A PRO) in the past, and will install fresh onto the 961 without complaint. Any thoughts?

popatim

Titan
Yuo need to use the restore to dissimilar hardware option. I'm not sure if that included with the free version. not only are you changing from raid to a single drive, you are changing drive controller & drivers.

popatim

Titan
Yuo need to use the restore to dissimilar hardware option. I'm not sure if that included with the free version. not only are you changing from raid to a single drive, you are changing drive controller & drivers.

80-watt Hamster

Honorable
Oct 9, 2014
Didn't see that option, but may not have looked hard enough. If nothing else, I can do another trial of the full version.

I'm not necessarily dead-set on using MR for this, and am willing to try other migration methods.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS