Question Macrium reflect

yaniv_155

Prominent
Dec 12, 2018
Hi, I have purchased a new 1 tb nvme ssf and im trying to migrate my old 128gb ssd to this new ssd. I have tried using macrium reflect 7, but when the migration ended, my total space was 120gb like my old ssd and the rest of the ssd was not showing up. Also had the same problem with easeus software... What to do?

Quarkzquarkz

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2013
You have to understand that when you're cloning, you will clone EVERYTHING, including the size of the storage device. In Macrium you would need to go back to the program and then expand your newly cloned device or you can also do that in disk management in Windows as well.

If you did it with EaseUS partition manager, remember that prior to cloning there is a link on the bottom before next where you can extend the windows partition area to all the way to 1tb. You can see this when you click to the next window but then go back again and you can extend it. Good luck!

yaniv_155

Prominent
Dec 12, 2018
You have to understand that when you're cloning, you will clone EVERYTHING, including the size of the storage device. In Macrium you would need to go back to the program and then expand your newly cloned device or you can also do that in disk management in Windows as well.

If you did it with EaseUS partition manager, remember that prior to cloning there is a link on the bottom before next where you can extend the windows partition area to all the way to 1tb. You can see this when you click to the next window but then go back again and you can extend it. Good luck!
In easeus it did not let me expand it for some reason. And in macrium I had to do it all manually by dragging the partitions, but in the end I managed to get the full 1tb. Thanks for the help anyway